Posted October 05, 2018 08:30:02I spent a couple of hours playing around with Chrome extension to create a custom Chrome browser for my Android device.
I was hoping that I could find some quick and easy tricks to get my device running a browser that I like.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the case.
Google Chrome has a pretty limited set of extensions that can run on the device.
The only one that I really wanted was Google’s official extension.
Google’s extensions are usually pretty buggy and have a lot of issues.
I didn’t want to waste time with a developer that would probably be making updates for Google’s extension.
I also wanted to be able to change the default browser I would be using.
I have a Google Pixel 2 XL that runs Chrome.
I use Firefox as my default browser for all of my work and school.
This means that I am forced to download Firefox from Google’s website every time I want to use the Chrome browser.
I thought about trying to make my own extension.
I also thought about making a custom launcher, but I decided against that as I wanted to build my own extensions that would run on my Pixel 2.
The first step in creating my extension was to download and install Google’s Chromium extension.
The extension is available for free, but you need to pay for a paid version of Chrome.
I downloaded Chromium, installed it, and then opened the extension.
Once I was done with that, I ran the extension and selected “Download now”.
I was prompted to enter the information I want in order to run my extension.
After entering the information, the extension launched and I saw the browser I wanted.
I could click the “Run now” button to start running my extension on my phone.
I did the same thing with Firefox.
After that, my phone started running my custom browser.
After I clicked “Run” and hit the “Finish” button, my browser launched on my device.
The browser has some quirks that I wasn’t expecting.
I’m not sure what is going on with Chrome and Firefox, but the extension does not show up in the “Tools” menu.
I am going to have to figure this out myself.
The extension uses a lot more memory than the default Firefox browser does.
It seems like the memory usage will increase as the extension is used more.
I haven’t done a lot with Chrome extensions recently.
I haven’t added anything to the Chrome Web Store.
However, I am planning to add more extensions to Chrome soon.
If you like this article, please subscribe to Hacker News